Wise County is located in North Texas, near the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. It covers approximately 900 square miles with a population estimated at 65,000 living in and around some 18 towns and communities. According to the most recent census data, Wise County experienced a 2.66% growth rate last year. The population of Wise County is poised to continue to grow at a rapid rate due to its proximity to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, low tax rates, and available land/housing.
Wise County EMS provides emergency pre-hospital care as well as critical care transfers for the entire county. We have a staff consisting of 39 full-time and numerous part-time EMTs and Paramedics responding to approximately 7000 calls for service every year.
We staff 5 Full-time MICU level ambulances which are staffed with an EMT-B/EMT-A and a Paramedic working 24 hour shifts on a 24(on)/48(off) schedule. We carry a full range of critical care medications and equipment including Phillips Lumify Sonography units, IV pumps, Zoll Z Vent ventilators, LUCAS devices, LifePak 15 Cardiac Monitors, Glidescope GO Video Laryngoscopes, and more. Our staff operate under very progressive protocols to ensure that we are providing cutting edge medicine to the residents of Wise County.
In addition to the MICU units, we operate a Paramedic Rescue Unit staffed with the on-duty Paramedic Captain and a secondary paramedic or EMT. Our Rescue 1 staff have many years of critical care EMS experience in addition to being trained firefighters with vehicle extrication, fire suppression, rope rescue, and swift water rescue capabilities.
- EMS Chief: Randall Preuninger EMT-P, Master FF, AAS Fire Administration, Deputy Fire Marshall
- Deputy Chief: Brandon Daugherty EMT-P, Advanced FF, Deputy Fire Marshall
- Deputy Chief: Brandon Sutter EMT-P, FF, EMS Instructor, Training Coordinator
- Medical Director: Dr. Roger Leaton D.O.
- A Shift Captain: Dustin Duvall EMT-P, FF
- B Shift Captain: Joel Bartlett EMT-P, FF
- C Shift Captain: Danny Byler EMT-P, FF
- Station 1: Decatur – Medic 1, Medic 5, & Rescue 1 (Shift Captain/Secondary EMT-P)
- Station 2: Bridgeport – Medic 2
- Station 3: Boyd – Medic 3
- Station 4: New Fairview/East Wise - Medic 4